If Password Protect USB (version 3.6) displays the message that the folder was locked with the previous version of the program, please follow the steps below to unlock the folder:
- Uninstall Password Protect USB (Start > Programs > Password Protect USB > Uninstall Password Protect USB).
- Back up all protected folders (you will see them as .___ppp files).
- Install Password Protect 3.2. This is a download link:
- Double-click the locked folder in the right pane of Windows Explorer and enter the password. This will unlock the folder. Unlock all folders locked with version 3.2.
- Uninstall version 3.2 (Start > Programs > Password Protect > Uninstall Password Protect).
- Install Password Protect USB again. This is a download link:
Click here if you are interested in the Password Protect version history.