Installing Password Protect USB
You can install Password Protect USB on your internal hard drive or on your external/removable USB drive.
If you plan to lock folders on the external/removable drive and then access the folders from several computers, it's recommended that you install the program on your external/removable drive so that you do not have to install it on every computer you want to access your protected folders from. You will be able to run Password Protect USB from the installation directory (double-click the password-protect.exe file in the installation directory).
1. Double-click the password-protect-usb.exe file.
If you do not have the file, this is a download link to it:
2. Click Next on the Welcome screen.
3. Read the License Agreement.
If you accept it, click I accept the agreement and then click Next.
4. Select the installation directory.
By default, Password Protect is installed to C:\Program Files\Password Protect USB. Click Next if you do not want to select another installation directory.
If you plan to protect folders on the external/removable drive, you need to install Password Protect on your external/removable drive, not on drive C. To change the installation directory, click the Browse button and select your external/removable drive from the list.
5. Select Additional Tasks and click Next.
- Create a Desktop Icon - adds Password Protect icon to the Desktop.
- Create a Quick Launch Icon - adds Password Protect icon to the Quick Launch bar, next to the Start button.